One of the first projects to benefit from using CLL, the revolutionary liquid applied linoleum new to the North American market, was Senior Concerns, an adult day care center in Thousand Oaks, California. Over 9,000 sq.ft. of CLL was installed in just seven hours.
The old carpet tiles and vinyl flooring were removed and the sub-floor prepared to create a level substrate. The CLL was thoroughly mixed before being applied to the sub-floor and spread with a notched trowel over the whole area. It was then back-rolled using a spike roller and left overnight to dry. The following morning, the Protectshield transparent matt topcoat finish was poured and spread over the CLL, using micro-fiber rollers, in under four hours.
A true linoleum, CLL is a seamless, self-levelling, resilient floor covering that produces a smooth, natural looking floor free from joints and welding. It is made from a blend of sustainable natural products, combining resins, linseed oil, cork, wood-flour, limestone and natural pigments and is available in a range of 54 colors.
CLL provides numerous benefits:-
- Its seamless finish removes the weak points of traditional sheet linoleum or sheet vinyl, where damage can occur.
- Extremely durable, hard wearing and avoids cutting losses.
- Resistant to indentation, abrasion, chemicals, staining, rolling and static loads.
- Easy to clean and requires minimal maintenance.
- Free from VOC and PVC and has no plasticizers, no formaldehyde, no chlorine and no heavy metals.
- If a design change is required, CLL floors can be resurfaced quickly and economically.
- It can also be installed over plain InstaLay, InstaFloor’s rubber crumb acoustic underlay. This significantly reduces sub-floor preparation time and costs, greatly improves acoustic performance and provides enhanced underfoot comfort.
Extremely hard wearing, CLL is suitable for commercial and residential applications, particularly where there are high levels of foot traffic, such as healthcare, education, retail, hotels and public buildings.