When Chapter Hotels upgraded the latest addition to its chain, the Grade II listed Magdalen Chapter in Exeter, they specified InstaLay high performance acoustic underlay to be used beneath the new parquet wood floors that were installed in all the bedrooms and in the spa area.
Following a value engineering process, to save cost without sacrificing quality or performance, InstaLay proved to be more cost-effective than the originally specified underlay while also providing an increased acoustic performance of 23dB ∆Lw for impact sound.
The 1,300m2 of InstaLay 30hg (3mm high grab) was simply loose laid to the sub-floor and as the release film was peeled back to reveal its adhesive membrane, the Weitzer Parkett solid oak blocks and engineered oak boards were positioned and pressed into place.
The InstaLay self-adhesive underlay provided various additional benefits:-
- Very fitter-friendly – quick, clean and easy to work with.
- Required no wet adhesives or open times.
- Its recycled rubber crumb composition masked any sub-floor imperfections.
- It provided the high quality parquet wood flooring with superior acoustic performance.
- A durable hard wearing underlay; it will not collapse or degrade during the life of the floor.
Throughout all bedrooms Weitzer Parkett WIP-550 floors (11 x 65 x 500mm) were installed in Herringbone style while the Spa had Weitzer Parkett WP-Classic (21 x 60 x 500mm) installed in a Lamella pattern. The completed installations provided the Magdalen Chapter with high quality and long lasting parquet flooring that is both visually impressive and gives outstanding performance.