At a private house in Topeka, Kansas, a flooring contractor has installed an engineered wood floor using InstaLay for the first time.
Consequently, InstaFloor North America provided assistance and one bedroom of 400 sq ft was used to demonstrate how quick, clean and easy it is to use the InstaLay self-adhesive flooring installation system.
The contractor, Versatile Carpet, quickly grasped the procedure and three people took just 3½ hours to complete the installation of 400 sq ft of ½” Acacia engineered wood floor using InstaLay 30 (3mm high grab).
The installation went so well that, over the next two days, the contractor proceeded to install a further 3,000 sq ft of the same product throughout other rooms in the house.
Tim Verhulst, the owner of Versatile Carpet, was so impressed that he emailed InstaFloor N.A. to say, “Thank you for helping us. InstaLay is an amazing product. During the next two days we had friends helping us and everything went so well. I will send you some photos of the installation as I’m really excited about this product.”
Tim discovered that the benefits of InstaLay include:
- Unique self-adhesive construction that considerably reduces installation time and costs.
- Significantly reduces sub-floor preparation times.
- Quick to fit, easy to work with – no messy wet adhesives in contact with the floor covering.
- Loose lay installation system enables rapid fitting and easy future lifting.
- Can be walked on immediately after the floor covering is installed.
- Provides superb stability, performance and durability.
- Manufactured using recycled rubber crumb to provide long lasting acoustic performance.
Both the contractor and the homeowner were delighted not only with the speed and ease of installation but also with the finished flooring which looked and felt amazing, being softer, more comfortable and quieter to walk on.