When the Sequoia Orthopaedic Center in Walnut Creek, California, decided to have new flooring installed in its downstairs rehabilitation area, the flooring contactor, On The Surface Flooring, decided to use InstaLay, the self-adhesive acoustic installation system.
Having removed the existing carpet tiles, the InstaLay was simply loose laid after minimal sub-floor preparation. As the release film was removed, the new Mohawk Flexlok carpet tiles were positioned on InstaLay’s low grab adhesive membrane and pressed into place. With no messy wet adhesives the installation was quick, clean and easy and the new flooring could be walked on immediately.
Manufactured from environmentally friendly, recycled rubber crumb, InstaLay provided important anti-fatigue properties and greater underfoot comfort in the rehabilitation area and, with the 4,000 sq ft (371m2) installation completed in just 16 hours, the rehab center experienced minimal down time. The center management was impressed by the speed and ease of installation as well as the look and feel of the new finished floor.
Additional benefits provided by InstaLay include:-
- With its low grab adhesive, damaged or soiled tiles can be easily removed and replaced.
- Loose lay installation enables easy future lifting.
- It provides excellent levels of acoustic performance.
- It is hygienic, resistant to decay and has low VOC’s.
- It delivers long-term stability, comfort and durability.