The Skuggi Hotel in Reykjavik, a member of the Kea Hotels Group, wanted new LVT flooring in the corridors and all 100 of its rooms. The Hotel was looking for a floor that could deliver a high acoustic performance in order to create a quieter, more pleasant environment for its guests.
InstaLay was chosen for its superior acoustic qualities and its durability in commercial applications. The InstaLay was simply loose laid over the concrete sub-floor. The commercial quality 2.5mm LVTs were then positioned and pressed into place as the release film was removed to expose InstaLay’s high grab self-adhesive membrane.
With no wet adhesives or drying times required, the installation of over 1,500 sq.m. (16,100 sq.ft.) of LVT flooring was both quick and clean. The new floor could be walked on immediately, so disruption to hotel business was kept to a minimum on this time-sensitive project.
The new LVT flooring added underfoot comfort and appeal for hotel guests, while InstaLay’s impressive acoustic performance made rooms and corridors feel quieter and more relaxing.
We can make your next LVT flooring installation quick and clean. Call InstaFloor for expert advice.
(high grab adhesive) – 1,500 sq.m.
Egill Árnason ehf
- Made from recycled rubber crumb from worn vehicle tyres, environmentally-friendly InstaLay is fully recyclable and a true ‘cradle-to-cradle’ product. This project recycled 125 truck tyres.
- InstaLay’s rubber crumb construction provides excellent underfoot comfort and long-term acoustic performance.
- The speed and ease of installation saved significant time and money.
- Loose laid InstaLay will save time and reduce costs when the floor is replaced in the future.
- The customer was very pleased with the look and feel of the new LVT flooring and delighted by InstaLay’s acoustic performance of 23dB ΔLW (IIC 55).